Tired of the usual Mac and Cheese. Do not want an elaborate dish with sauce. We all have those days, when simple and easy is the mantra. Adding something for the protein assuages the guilt factor too. Here is a whole some macaroni dish which is quite tasty and is different from the routine red and white sauce pasta dishes. Here is the recipe for a healthy bite.
Ingredients (For two medium servings)
- 1 cup uncooked Delmonte macaroni
- 1 cup spinach cleaned and diced
- 1/2 cup of firm Tofu. Can replace tofu with paneer
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dried basil/oregano – few pinches
- Chilli flakes – few pinches
- Cook macaroni according to the directions given on the package.
- Heat skillet and stir fry cubed tofu for 2 minutes on medium heat in 1tbsp of olive oil.
- Add 2 cups of spinach into the same pan and cook until the leaves wilt but retain color.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Add the dried oregano,basil and chilli flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Heat through covered for couple of minutes before serving.